Invisalign Clear Aligners are popular choices for people looking to improve their bite and teeth alignment. It is an excellent option for people who want a better smile.
With these invisible braces, you can get straight teeth and a healthy smile without anyone ever knowing that you had orthodontic treatment.
Read on to learn how Invisalign treatment works.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear, plastic aligners to move teeth into their desired positions. It involves wearing customized clear aligners that gradually move the teeth.
If you’re considering Invisalign treatment, here’s what you can expect at your first appointment:
- Consultation – The first step is to schedule a consultation with an Invisalign orthodontist. They will examine your teeth, take x-rays and photos, and discuss your treatment goals.
- Treatment Plan – Your Invisalign orthodontist will develop a customized treatment plan that shows the movements of your teeth over time. It includes digital X-rays and photographs of your teeth.
- Teeth Impressions – Your Invisalign dentist will have you bite into a jelly-like substance placed on a tray to get impressions of your teeth. These impressions create a 3D model of your teeth that shapes your custom-fit Invisalign braces.
- Alginer Fitting – Your aligners will be ready when you come back for your fitting, and Dr. Parker will always ensure they properly fit. He will give you advice on how to wear and care for them.
- Starting Treatment – You’ll have to wear the clear aligners for about 20-22 hours daily for the best results. You can only take them off to eat, brush your teeth, and floss.
- Adjustment Period – You may feel soreness or mild discomfort when you put in your Invisalign. It is perfectly normal. You can take simple pain relievers to ease the pain.
Generally, your first visit to an Invisalign orthodontist includes a consultation with your healthcare provider, creating a personalized treatment plan, taking impressions, placing aligners, and starting treatment. Follow your healthcare provider’s directions and wear aligners as directed to get the best results.
How much does it cost?
Many factors affect the price of your orthodontic treatment. The cost varies depending on each patient. Our team at Parker Orthodontics will discuss these factors when you come for a consultation. We will work with you to explore other payment options.
At Parker Orthodontics, consultations are free of charge. We would be happy to answer any questions you have about our services. Get in touch with us today to schedule your appointment.